пятница, 2 августа 2013 г.

What we did instead of Venice

I should probably start with explaining what kind of person my mum is. Every single time I come back from a morning run, when the whole house is still silent and asleep, she jumps out of her room and occupates the bathroom for a good 20 mins as soon as she hears my footsteps at the door. Because she obviously needs to put face lotion on before I die from being sweaty and smelly. 
There is a saying that there is no space in one house for two women. And I have never realise how true it is before I actually started to use the kitchen. Let me give you an example. On a day to day basis my fam goes to the beach in the morning as it was their job. I go really rare, and try to not stay for long. Today I left especially early, so that I can make a lemon pie. At 12:30 I was already boilind corn starch with powdered sugar, thinking I will definitely have enough time to finish as they normally come home at 2 pm and have showers. But particularly today mother's instinct told her to go back at 1 and she walked into the flat announcing that she-is-really-hungry-and-omg-yana-there-is-no-space-in-the-kitchen-how-am-i-gona-live-i-can't-microwave-salmon!!! 
On the morning when we were leavind to Italy I woke up after a two hour sleep thinking that I will be able to catch up with dreams in the car. But mum told everyone that she has a stomach ache and she that she is not going anywhere. So we had to cancel a four day trip and dad was grumpy next two days which is understandable. Especially considering that the cost of the hotel was not returned. 
In the afternoon of the day of the trip the stomach was perfectly fine and mum was moning that we should of gone at lunchtime. And after all of that she says that she doesn't do these things on purpose.

Anyway on Thursday we went to Plitvice Lakes which was magical but crowded. Not as crowded as Venice though.



The water in the lakes is rich with travertine which gives it a deep turquise colour. 



The stones are also made of this mineral and therefore are flaky and fragile. This explains an aweful amount of small waterfalls spread all over the national park.




We left at 6 am and I didn't mind at all, but to be honest I didn't thinkk it would make a big difference. The conclusion of the story is that I am majorly thankful to have such a considerative dad.


We were lucky enough to  be able to enjoy the view of the gorgeous lakes in the gentle morning rays and (!) take a half empty boat just before a two hour queue gathered at the harbour. 



The main waterfall felt like an antfarm but we have managed to kick two asians off the bench and take good pictures for memory.





But no matter how breathtaking the colour of the water is, travelling for three hours too see some lakes in the middle of the tourist season is not worth it. But I will never regret going, потому что я за любой кипиш.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий