суббота, 31 августа 2013 г.

Barcelonalove

Before coming to Spain (excluding the time when I was nine when beauty of architecture i scovered with the knowing that THEREISACOOLASSPONYINTHESHOPRIGHTTHERE!!!) I have always thought that I would hate the cuture, the language and the people. But I just couldn't say no to my friend's very kind dad, who offered us a free flat five stations away from the centre of Barcelona. 
But I should say it took me about seven steps into the city to absolutely lose my mind. 


1. Fall out of the bed
2. Resist the temptation to fall back in
3. Fall on top of Dasha and sing something really really loud until she stands up to hide in the bathroom
4. Find something thhat's not out of date to eat
5. Listen to: "Yana OMG, I had a dream where I had a child!" or "Yana OMG, I had a dream where I had a chicken factory"
6. Spanish courses

Courses is another separate topic. We had an awesome teacher, he was chubby, wore red glasses and used to advise us to try nudic beaches because: "LIBERDAD" (freedom), mixing beer with schweppes and recoomend best clubs in the city.







If you have a day in Barcelna this is what I woud reccommend you do the following:
1. Go to the Passeig de Gracia metro station and have breakfast at Brunch and Cake (http://www.cupcakesbarcelona.com/es/index_bc.html)
2. If the queue is not too exausting visit Casa Batllo by Gaudi
3. Walk down to the pourt through Rambla (cos you have to be a typical tourist at least on the first day), grab some fruit from Boqueria, sit and peoplewatch-watch-people-people-mehhbreh;fvdcbhdh

Anyway
4. Go to either Gothic quarter if you want to buy unique...stuff, or if you like art you must visit National Museum of Catalan Art which is on the metro station Espana. Everyone and I mean it (!) will fing something he likes!



The dawn is always the second best part of the day for me after the morning, because that's when the nigh-the adventure, starts. 
5. When it comes closer to the night you have two choises:
  • go to (again)  Gothic Quarter. Just turn left from Dressantes station and go down "the pub street", You will find a lot of good places like "Milk" bar (http://www.milkbarcelona.com/), where Dasha's hate to avocado magically turned into the deepest love or "La Clandestina" (http://barcelona.salir.com/la_clandestina) - the best tea room in Barcelona (try peach shisha).
  • go to Gracia Barrio (Fontana metro station), especially if you are there around the 15th August - the time of the major festival (http://www.oh-barcelona.com/en/blog/2013/things-to-do/events-and-music/fiesta-de-gracia-1139). We went there on the first day, flopped around squeezed into crowds of bodies, sfound a quiet bar aaand the life suddenly became much better. We than stole a chocolate muffin, ran around singing for a while and went back home "before the police catches us"... Anyway there is an amazing tapas bar "Nou Candachu" (http://barcelona.salir.com/nou_candanchu) on one of the squares, where you can do what we did or just enjoy traditional spanish snacks (another whole discussion on the reasons why I don't call tapas proper food).








Things I really miss:

  • the terrace where we used to eat watermelons (we could eat a whole one for dinner)
  • hot german guy from courses, who used to smile aat everyone when he walked through our classroom, but I just liked thinking that others don't exist and IAMTHEONE
  • Dasha's casual: "I'm thirsty", which normally meant: "Five tequillas, please"
  • PEOPLE
  • ...
  • BARCELONAINGENERAL!!!!



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий